Manga: Five Things You'll Love About It


1. It's In Book Form.
If you're like me and you prefer comics to actual reading, then Manga is your thing. I often get weird looks when I say I don't like reading, I mean I'm relatively intelligent, but when you say you don't like reading you're automatically though of as an idiot. So I have to force my self to do something that I think is mind-numbingly boring, and that's where Manga comes in. Ha ha ha! Now I can read comic books in book form! Now I can read comics and people will just assume I am reading a book! Take that books!

2. Two Versions.
Normally Manga is the first format a story comes in. What I mean is if a Manga if fairly popular it will be turned in to an anime. Now this is normally done half way through the Manga so we often get similar or even identical stories at the beginning, and then sometimes they branch off becoming completely different. So which one is better, the manga or the anime? Many people say the Manga is always better, but there are times when the anime is better or the Manga is. For example, I always thought the Manga for Fullmetal Alchemist was way to depressing and then I watched the first anime adaptation, and it was funny, heart warming, still depressing, but much better in my opinion. Then they made another anime adaptation closer to the manga. And let me tell you AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH I will never be the same again! It was so depressing. But then you get Mangas that are better, like Shugo Chara. The ending for Shugo Chara in the anime was terrible, after reading the Manga's ending I was a lot happier and I accepted that as the real ending. What I am saying is it's nice to have two different story bridges, then you get to decide which one to go with if you don't like the other one.


3. The Length.
Western comic books are fairly short with maybe forty pages, graphic novels are a little bit longer, But Manga is book length! I think. Let me go check. It's 160, usually, that may seem like a lot but when you think about the fact that there are only 20 words per page, it gets a little less scary. Manga keeps me entertained for half an hour to about an hour due to how long it is. Not to mention it costs less than an ordinary book though that depends on what Manga you buy. But I always thought the price was worth it, and don't be afraid to buy something you have never heard of, unless you father is paying for it. Thank you Daddy!

4. Interesting Protagonists

Normally in western comic books you get gritty middle-aged men. Some of us don't want our protagonists to be like that, it's kind of nice to have a character to relate to now and again. (Well actually if you're like me you don't find a character like that very often, maybe Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club, except I am funnier than her and a bit more cynical.) Or, it's just nice to have a protagonist that's about your age, yay Manga!

5. The Art Style
There are lots of different art styles in this world, you could go the Disney route, or the Mexican, yes they have there own weird way of drawing, their characters look kind of like bratz. Or you could go with manga where as long as you don't have carp lips or spiral glasses you're automatically good looking, hooray for Manga! (Manga where everyone is wonderfully biologically incorrect.) Actually if you want to read something with super girly looking guys then read Manwha, I really can't take Manwha seriously because it's really hard to tell whether a character is girl or guy...or is that really a girl?...I don't think any guy in the world has eyelashes as long as that, no, I have decided it's definitely a girl no mistaking it... Wait. It's a dude?!