10 Good Manga Blogs

Way too many blogs on manga out there. You can’t read them all. Really, you can’t.

Here are a few good ones I’m reading right now.

Comics Worth Reading. Been checking this one most days for a couple of years. Solid reviews and a lot of variety: webcomics, manga, independents, animation, anime. Here is the manga only link. She really likes Tramps Like Us.

Emily’s Random Shoujo Manga Page. I enjoy her reviews so much that I try to save them up for a week so I can read several in a row. Most of the manga she reviews is not licensed in English but I enjoy learning reading about them.

Slightly Biased Manga. Good reviews. Perversely, I enjoy that her blog is so stripped down, she doesn’t even show covers. She’s pretty forthright about her opinions which I also like.

Precocious Curmudgeon. Recently started reading this blog regularly. Lots of news and reviews. I feel reassured by his posts because they seem so carefully selected from the great mass of information available.

Sporadic Sequential. A more off-the-cuff type of blog. He’s a very engaging writer. Started reading him lately too. He likes St. Frog and Bleach – he has a more shonen bent than I do and great sense of humor.

Warren Peace. Used to review Shojo Beat issues. When it existed. He reads a lot of USA comics too.

Deb’s Manga Blog. Pleasant reading for mainstream manga in the USA.

These are good too but I haven’t been reading them lately.

MangaLife. Reviews manga. Also has interesting articles on translation.

MangaBlog. Links to reviews and news all over. Good resource but can be overwhelming.

Kuriosity. Another nice blog with good reviews.

Comments